Home about ourhome projects services

4.02.2011

Down on the Farm

To finish off our little jaunt down South, we took a little tour of the farmland where my dad grew up.  The kids loving hearing stories about the adventurous things my dad did as a little boy.  We ended up  down by the Ohio River looking for Indian arrowheads.  Well, no luck there, but we did find lots of bones from dead animals and several used bullets.  My kids thought they had won the lottery. 

Here they are proudly displaying their finds. That's my cute nephew on the far left.  I know, I know, they all need haircuts.  It's on the agenda for next week.  


There's my dad, the leader of the pack, and my sweet little niece next to him.


Later in the day, we made our way to my friend, Laura's house.  Laura and I go way back.  We've been friends for about, oh 36 years or so.  She has six, no that's not a typo, kids, ranging in age from 2 to 13.  They recently began raising chickens and my kids were dying to see them.



The older kids weren't afraid at all. However,  my four year old ran into the house crying and wanted nothing to do with them.



I had to share a picture of this cute guy.  He's Laura's only boy.  Lucky little thing has five sisters to protect him.


We are headed home today, although my kids want to stay.  Back to reality!

3 comments:

  1. Your kids are adorable. Those are great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much fun! Sounds like you have had a great visit with family and friends! Cutie pies all around.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading each and every one of your comments!