Home about ourhome projects services

9.13.2011

SWEATER WEATHER






Mother Nature is quite fickle this time of the year.  She gives us some beautiful crisp fall days and then



throws us for a loop with some hot humid days.  I, for one, am ready to kiss this heat goodbye, and



welcome with open arms, my favorite season of the year, Fall.   Last week I was ready to get out my



boots and sweaters.  I love to wear sweaters in the fall and winter, but lately I've noticed that sweaters



can be used for so many other things besides keeping us warm.  For some inspiration, I turned to



Pinterest.  I fell into the same boat as many others a while back and added a new addiction to my list.



Seriously, it's addicting, isn't it.  You can follow me on Pinterest here.






Here are a few of my favorite alternative uses for sweaters.  Don't you know I'll be scouring the thrift



stores for sweaters to rip to shreds.  Can't wait to dive in and show you what I come up with.






This looks easy enough.....






This one will involve a little sewing, but I'm not afraid of a challenge.....



Love this idea and it would make a fabulous gift.....



What a great fall decoration.....





My kids would have so much fun helping me make this one.....



Looks like a great gift idea for my girlfriends.... (Shhh, don't tell them.)

Source: ravelry.com via Kim on Pinterest


This is my favorite, but would involve tons of patience.  I'll have to think about this one.....



Another great gift idea. Of course, leave it to Martha to come up with this one.....



This would work for a blanket or a scarf.



How adorable would this be hanging on your Christmas tree.......



I think I'll start by cleaning out my closet and tearing up sweaters I already own.
Wow, my A.D.D. (Attention Decorating Disorder) has kicked in again.
Anyone tackled a sweater project lately?  If so, please share.

4 comments:

  1. Those are all great inspiration ideas! Love the pillows and the vase! Cable knit is my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A cozy sweater sounds just about right this time of year! So nice to snuggle up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is just something so fantastic about the pattern and look of a cable knit sweater...I am in love with those ruffled pillows, but me and patience aren't real good friends...(c:

    P.S. How can I get a hold of you, girl? I wanted to ask you a question (c;

    ReplyDelete

I love reading each and every one of your comments!