Home about ourhome projects services

9.05.2012

HIGHS AND LOWS

Other bloggers like to play this game, so I thought I would join in on the fun.

Today was a tough day, so I felt compelled to find some of the good.

Here goes....

Low:  I had to get up at 6:00 a.m. to get to a 7:30 a.m. dermatologist appointment
High:  I only had to wait 3 months rather than the standard 6 months for the appointment
(I sure wish my hair looked like this at 6:00 a.m. this morning, 
but I snapped this picture yesterday after I left the salon - trust me, I would 
have scared you had a taken a picture of myself at 6:00 a.m this morning)


Low:  I woke up this morning with no feeling in my right arm
High:  At 10:00 a.m., a chiropractor confirmed that I most likely have an bulging disc in my back
(the high is that at least I know what the problem is)

Low:  At this time, I cannot train for the half marathon 
High:  I'm still looking for the good in this situation


Low:  I had to take my daughter to physical therapy (3rd doctor visit today)
High:  Thank the Lord we have medical insurance


Low:  I went through the entire day without my Starbucks
High:  I made it through the entire day without my Starbucks


Low:  Little Willee had a few accidents in the house today
High:  He's still the cutest puppy in the world!
(his wrestling opponent is pretty cute too)


Do you ever play the High/Low game? 
I think it would be fun to play with the kids at the dinner table.  
 Here's hoping that tomorrow has more highs than lows. 

12 comments:

  1. I love your hair and I'm sorry that you have the bulging disc. that stinks!!!

    your pup is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to put it all in perspective! I'm sorry to hear about your half marathon training being put on the back burner. I had that happen midway through marathon training once, and I was so upset about it. It's hard to put it aside when you have your mind and body focused on a goal! But there will be more races! Hope your daughter is doing ok - she looks like a tough cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this was so fun to read! your hair is gorgeous and you are gorgeous! sorry about the bulging disc- oh man! i feel ya- i can't do anything at the moment!!!! high, i am told to relax. low, the house is a mess and there are a billion things to be done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what fun! I've never actually played the game, but it's so true, every day is filled with highs and lows. Hopefully the highs help keep the lows in perspective. ... And that really just might be the cutest puppy ever! ... Hope tomorrow is overflowing with highs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your hair does look fabulous!! some days it's just hard to find the silver lining but you've done a good job ~ that is one uber cute puppy - i've got the perfect potty training tip but it involves a crate and an alarm clock!

    i don't run so i think that's a high all the way around but i see so many people doing it i may have to start (low)
    hope tomorrow is bettah!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andrea - first of all I'm sorry for your lows yesterday - that is one heck of a day! (except your hair - it looks so gorgeous!!!)
    AND - I can't believe you wrote about highs and lows because just last night we played this at the dinner table and I was sitting here writing about it! Crazy!

    Hope your bulging disk is resolved soon - and your poor girl is out of the boot soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your highs are pretty good ones, run with them.

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never done this before but your highs seem to outweigh the lows at least - except get on that Starbucks next time :) Speaking of - I haven't had any coffee yet and I'm ready. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your hair is FABULOUS! So fun to see your highs and lows! Great idea to still find the good and blessings in everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hair looks good....no Starbucks....bad.....insurance...good!
    Sucks about the marathon but look at the bright side...more time for reading blogs and decorating!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The new puppy is too cute! We've been doing high lows at the dinner table since school started - it's fun to hear what the kids have to say. Your hair looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love how you see the good in it all! Love the puppy...love your hair! We do 'best' and 'worst' at dinner with the kids....agree with Carmel- hilarious responses....and they always expect to be included in my and daddy's bests!
    Joanne @ Homestyling101

    ReplyDelete

I love reading each and every one of your comments!