Home about ourhome projects services

1.06.2014

NEW YEAR, NEW COLOR

Now that I am back on the blogging wagon, I thought I would share my latest makeover.
I bought a couple gallons of paint the last time Sherwin Williams had a paint sale. 
I didn't have them tinted at the time I bought them.
Last Friday I got a little wild hair.  
I took one of the gallons of paint to Sherwin Williams 
and had them mix up the Benjamin Moore color "Hale Navy".  
 I came home and got busy giving our powder room a new look.

The new look.........


I love the moody, dark color.
I have been itching to paint a room a dark color. 
This happened to be the perfect room. 
It gets plenty of natural light and it's tiny.
Have I mentioned I hate to paint? 


I switched out the mirror for a larger one. 
I gave this one a quick coat of white spray paint. 
It used to be stained dark brown.


I added a few accessories I found by shopping my house. 





I flipped the light that was already in here upside down and added the deep orange shades, 
which I already had.
It's not a permanent fix, but it works for now.
I added the wood frames with oversized mat, which I also already had.  
I am still deciding what to put in them.


This is what the powder room used to look like.  
I am still a fan of this Olive Leaf stencil, but I was ready for a change.


It was a pretty easy and inexpensive makeover.  
Especially since I already had everything on hand, even the paint.
I will be on the hunt for a new light fixture and something special to add to the frames. 

We are stuck inside today and the kids are home from school due to the snow and cold. 
I am starting to get a bit of cabin fever.
I might have to break out the paint brush again today.
Stay warm folks!

15 comments:

  1. Love it! I am really drawn to blues…always have been, but don't have too many in my home. I may need to copy you in my powder room….! Happy New year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That color is fantastic! My bathroom is on tap for a little makeover this year and I wanted to highlight a cool wall that has some architectural details with a dark navy or black. Love your makeover!

    Happy New Year!
    Angela @ Number Fifty-Three

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just the push I needed to go bold in our powder room - this looks FANTASTIC Andrea I love it! Although our powder room doesn't get as much natural light so I'm going bold anyway - we'll see. Really love what you did with this and that cute little shelf/corbel above the toilette :) I hope to be back on the blog again too :) Happy New Year to you and the family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrea, that color looks AMAZING! I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it Andrea!!! The white mirror looks great against the navy, and you know I am a big fan of a dark and moody color. What a fun change to start the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know how much I love a good moody blue - this looks great! I love the little gold shelf in there too - such a classic color mix. Home with the kids here too. I think I had cabin fever before this latest storm even blew in. I painted my son's room last week - a good project for the winter months. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. GORGEOUS, girl!! I love that color, and paired with gold and white, what a beautiful classic look! You're starting off with a bang!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great, Andrea! I, too, have been itchin' to paint a room dark and think I'm going to take the plunge in our basement family room. I was going to go with a Ben Moore paint, but maybe I should check out SW...maybe I can hit up a sale too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The blue is sooo pretty! I've got two major takeaways from this post that have me yet again singing your praises - 1) buying paint when it's on sale and then tinting it later when you know what color you want (brilliant) and 2) flipping the light fixture upside down and adding shades (brilliant). You go on with your bad self!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love it, what a beautiful color. It looks amazing. I would love for you to link up to my 198th Inspire Me party. - - -http://www.astrollthrulife.net/2014/01/198th-inspire-me-tuesday.html Hope to see you there. Hugs Marty

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh you know i love those moody dark colors!!! looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You know I can't get enough navy. It looks great! You being cooped up could prove very inspiring to the rest of us! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading each and every one of your comments!