Home about ourhome projects services

5.01.2015

RUG ADDITIONS

Thank you so much for all the kind words on my post last week.  
Not sure how this week slipped by me, but here it is Friday and we have a jam packed, fun filled weekend ahead of us.  My parents are coming in town to visit and to watch the school talent show, several basketball games and a baseball game.  They don't know it yet, but they might even get to babysit while we sneak away for a neighborhood derby party. 

I delivered one last load of items to a home today 
that I've been working on for the past couple of months.  
I'll share some before and afters very soon. 

Since I don't have any work to share this week, 
I thought I'd show you a couple of new rugs I picked up at Bargains and Buyouts last Fall.  


First up, this navy and cream dhurrie rug.  
I was shopping with a friend and we picked up this one, 
which was originally for her daughter's room.
When she got it home, her daughter wasn't a fan, so I bought it from her.  
It works perfectly in the boys' room. 
Technically, it's just one boy's room now.  My older son moved to the bedroom on the third floor so he could have his own space.  However, he waffles back and forth between sleeping with his little brother and sleeping all alone in his own room.  It's kind of sweet.


There was quite a bit of wide open floor space in this room, so the rug helps break it up a bit. 


My memory fails me, but I think I picked this orangey/rust colored dhurrie up the same day.  
It works great in the hallway leading from our bedroom to our bathroom.


The best part, each rug was under $50.  
You can check out some of my other Bargains and Buyouts finds here and here

I hope you all have a joyous weekend. 
It's going to be sunny and in the 70s here this weekend and I get to spend it with family and friends.  
Doesn't get much better than that!

2 comments:

  1. I need to move out that way so I can join you and Jenny at that Bargains and Buyouts place!!! Hope you had a fun weekend with your parents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have recently had a bit of rug switcheroo in my house too. why not! i just read your last post. glad that your mom is doing well.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading each and every one of your comments!