Home about ourhome projects services

8.13.2015

LIVING ROOM/FOYER BEFORE AND AFTER

Well, well, well, summer seems to have come and almost gone.  
 While I was an absentee blogger, I did mange to squeeze in some design work.
I started a fun project back in the winter, 
and wrapped it up just in time for a big Memorial Day weekend party. 
The project entailed designing a casual living room for a young family.

This was a repeat client.  I shared the plans for their foyer here
When I photographed the finished living room, 
I was finally able to take some "after" photos of the foyer space too.

After a few minor revisions, our design plan looked like this......


This is what the room looked like when before we got started.....


And this is the finished product..... 


Another before shot...


And after...


This corner needed just a few minor updates.


An accordion sconce and some framed photos of local attractions.


The room lacked overhead lighting.
So we added matching lamps and a console to another corner of the room.


A floor lamp in the opposite corner of the room helps provide a little extra light.


One more look at the room before.



Quite a transformation, right!


This was the plan for the foyer and upstairs landing area.


It previously looked like this....


And now......


 They just recently had the banister painted black.  I love it!


We added a modern light to the foyer. 



My clients already had some amazing photos from their travels.  
We had a few enlarged and hung them on the wall in the stairway landing. 


We added some framed family photos to the upstairs landing. 


The wall color is BM Revere Pewter.  One of my all time favorites. 


 School starts next week.  I love summer and I love my kids, but I also love me some peace and quiet.  
I can't quite seem to gather my thoughts amongst all the chaos of three kids being home all summer. 
Starting next week, my thoughts shall be gathered. 
Which may translate into more blog posts. 

3 comments:

  1. Great changes! Especially love those drapes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't keep my eyes off of that banister - what a huge difference that makes! Those drapes are awesome too - love a great graphic print like that. Well done! Looking forward to seeing you on the blog more. That's my goal once the kids go back to school anyway. Summer is too short though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love the changes and the fabric on the drapes!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete

I love reading each and every one of your comments!