Home about ourhome projects services

2.02.2011

I Get Knocked Down, and I Get Up Again....


A little departure from before and afters and decorating, but it's on my mind, so now it's on my blog.   I'm one of those people that has always wanted everyone to like me, can't help it.  I think it's pretty natural, right?  Anyway, the older I get, the more comfortable I am being me.  Not saying I'm perfect, far from it, but I feel pretty good about where I've been and where I'm going in life.

Every once in a while, something will come up and I get a bit derailed.  Recently, something happened and it had me questioning myself and my path.  The support of friends and family is always an important part of helping me get back on track, but sometimes a good look inside myself will give me all the answers I need.   This is one of those times when I really had to take a hard look at myself.

My groundbreaking discovery is this, "not everyone is going to like me".  As hard as that is to swallow, that's life, and believe it or not, I'm okay with it.  I'm not saying, "I am who I am, take it or leave it".  Of course, there's always room for improvement and I'm not afraid to admit I may need some improvement.  However, I'm not going to alter "me" just so someone will like me.

Okay, enough of that.  I've been homebound with sick kids this week.  Hopefully I can get to the paint store to buy supplies to paint the bookcase.  That's right, it's getting painted!  Thanks for all the comments and e-mails.  I'll post after pictures when it is finished.

by Dr. Seuss

2 comments:

  1. I love what you and Dr. Suess had to say. So true. Life is too short, so make the most of it!
    The world is a better place because of sincere people like you.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading each and every one of your comments!