Home about ourhome projects services

4.05.2011

Silhouettes

I have always loved silhouettes, but have become a bit obsessed with them lately.  It started when we were at Disney World in February.  I happened upon the silhouette booth on Main Street.  For only $8.00/child, it was such a great deal I just couldn't pass it up. I still need to frame them all, but this is how they turned out.


I ran across this fun little website over the weekend. I ended up here and immediately began working on "Our Family".  A few simple steps later and this is what I came up with.





It's a rather accurate depiction of our family, with the two rambunctious boys and the docile little girl.  The "I'm so cool" man could easily be my husband and the woman looks much like my silhouette also, except, to be completely honest, I'm not really that well endowed.

I did some copying and pasting, printed it out and now it proudly sits on display in our mudroom.


Emily from Jones Design Company also has a great tutorial on how to create your own silhouette.  I have yet to try it, but I am planning to when I an carve out, oh, about five hours to work on it.  It probably took Emily about five minutes. There is not much that girl can't do.

Do you know of any other easy methods of making your own silhouette?  If so, please share.

6 comments:

  1. Here's how I did mine. Took me 20 minutes to do both littles.
    http://juneandbear.blogspot.com/2011/03/gallery-wall-under-construction.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only made two silhouettes and for both I just uploaded the photo in photoshop. Used the magnetic lasso tool to outline the areas that would be filled in [black]. Took the paint tool and filled in that area with black [all the while the area is still 'selected' and than fill the outter part with white and done.

    Love that family photo. It's a great modern twist to the traditional silhouette. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok...how did you copy cut and paste so you could print it out?? All I see is a code to copy and that means nothing to me...not so computer friendly! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok...how did you copy cut and paste so you could print it out?? All I see is a code to copy and that means nothing to me...not so computer friendly! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable. That's a great silhouette! Love the energy in it.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading each and every one of your comments!