Home about ourhome projects services

6.28.2011

Something To Smile About

Yesterday morning when I woke up, I looked like this......
Okay, I lied, after a little makeup, I looked like this.....


Disclaimer:  I don't really smile like that.  I was trying to look in the mirror and smile so you would be able to see my braces.  That is one scary picture (even with makeup on)!

Wow, I know this is a really close up shot of my mouth but if you look closely, you'll see the braces on my bottom teeth, that I have been sporting since last August.


By 10:00 a.m. yesterday, I looked like this.....


WOW, again!  I never like photos of myself and especially ones this close up.  But focusing on the positive, my teeth are really straight and I'm so thankful those darn metal things are gone.  Somehow, I was lucky enough to live 35 1/2 years without ever having braces.  Guess I can check that one off my bucket list.  After I got them, my dad thanked me for waiting to get them until he didn't have to pay for them.

I'll leave you with a picture of something other than my teeth.  We packed up the kids this past weekend and headed south to visit my little sister and her family.  We had so much fun, my kids didn't want to leave.  If I hadn't had an appointment to get my braces off bright and early Monday morning, we probably would have stayed another day.

That's me on the right, in case you were confused.  Seriously, I need an eyebrow intervention!!!  I can't believe I am walking around like that.


Anybody else out there that's wearing braces (over the age of 12)?  Please say yes.

Also, I keep forgetting to mention that Oak Ridge Revival has a Facebook page now.
Feel free to go here and "like" Oak Ridge Revival.  



4 comments:

  1. How exciting! I have never had braces but my mother in law has braces [and she is well over the age of 12 hehe]. A coworker also had braces but he had those invisiline things [which are like braces right?]. I bet it feels weird not having them on your teeth anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your teeth look fabulous!!! How exciting! I need lower braces but currently have three kids in orthodontia and it's just not happening any time soon. There is a sign at the ortho office that says "Hey mom, now that your kid's teeth look great, what about yours?" that taunts me when I go there :)

    You and your sister look so much alike - beautiful photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and your sister are such beauties! With or without the braces ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look beautiful with or without braces...in the morning with makeup and probably even without! So happy for you that your braces are off and you can be done with that! Congrats!!! and Happy 4th!

    Kristine

    ReplyDelete

I love reading each and every one of your comments!