Home about ourhome projects services

10.19.2011

THREE LITTLE PUMPKINS

I know, that's pathetic.  That's about all I've got.  I absolutely love this time of year, the crisp cool days, the colorful leaves, roasting s'mores, breaking out the fleece and sweaters.  But when it comes to decorating, I've got nothing.  My kids are bugging me to hang spider webs all over the house and string orange flashing lights everywhere.  Not that I'm a Halloween hater, I just don't have it in me right now to deck the halls with ghosts and goblins.

However, I did manage to add some fall fun to the mantel. 
I bought these three little pumpkin candles at the thrift store and spray painted them gold.  
Trust me, it's a huge improvement!


I also added a little fall foliage.


I found this pumpkin tree branch at the grocery store today on clearance for $1.99.  Well, why not?



I had no idea these cute little things even existed. 


To appease the children, I plan to break out some serious Halloween crap decorations this weekend
 and let them "have at it".  I'll be sure to snap some pictures, as I'm sure it will be something to see. 

How about you guys, have you gone all out for Halloween? 
 I feel bad to be such a slacker this year. I think I've got just a little too much on my plate right now.  
At this rate, I'd better start getting out the Christmas decorations. 

5 comments:

  1. Boo to you and your little pumpkins too ;) Looks sweet. It's "understated Halloween" Maybe you'll start a new trend? Your mantle is so gorgeous on it's own, who needs more. AS long as your happy =)
    Have a wonderful day.
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds about right for my attempt but I do have a lot on my plate just now. Although, I have just put up some outdoor decorations and will do the scary window stuff soon - I have about a week or so, right? These are cute. Btw, I do like the artwork on your mantle, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you on this! I have few fall/Halloween decor, but go ALL out for Christmas. I too, adore this time of year, but I'm not really the decorate for every season kind a gal. I have the occasional cute fall, and easter decor, but mainly save my seasonal decor for xmas =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did a little bit more this year than last, but that's not saying a lot! I love that you sprayed the pumpkins, making something cute out of something not cute, hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. what is really funny is that my house is not even put together of course, but my mantle and dining room and entry are all halloweened out! :)
    and i like the little gold pumpkins- cute!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading each and every one of your comments!