Home about ourhome projects services

6.24.2012

NEW PROJECT (FAMILY ROOM)

I'm back from a whirlwind trip to Atalanta to attend the Haven Conference 
with a ton of other fabulous bloggers.  I learned a ton, but more importantly, 
I finally got to meet some of my favorite blogging buddies.  
I plan to recap the trip later this week, as soon as I get my act together.  
Let's face it, that's never really going to happen, so how about I post about it later this week, regardless. Okay, good, glad we got that settled. 

In the meantime, I'll share a new project I'm working on.  This one is especially fun for two reasons.  First, the client's name is Andrea.  In case you didn't know, my name is Andrea too.  
So cool that I get to start my emails with Andrea and end them with Andrea.  
Tell me I'm not the only one who thinks that is cool.  
The second reason I'm stoked about this project is because my client is building her dream home,
 so we have a completely clean slate to start with.  

My client and her husband had already picked out a sectional for the family room. 
The sofa is neutral and we decided to keep the area rug neutral also.  
That way, we could have fun with fabrics.


The home has a fairly open floor plan so we wanted to make sure the colors we used 
could easily translate to other rooms on the first floor.
I thin this is going to be a beautiful room, grounded in neutrals, 
mixed with some masculine navy, fresh greens and airy golds. 
I can't wait to see this plan come to life. 

Just for fun, here's a look at the space now.....


There will be built in bookcases on either side of the fireplace 
and the TV will be mounted above the fireplace. 


Aren't those arched doorways gorgeous? 

I will keep you posted on the progress, of course.

Summer continues to be exhausting with sports, camps and activities, 
but it will slow down soon and then we can really enjoy it.  
Looking forward to the lazy days of summer. 
How about you, is your summer lazy or crazy?

8 comments:

  1. love the colors in the design! and i am slightly having name envy. i wish i was andrea so i could be as cool as you and your client.
    SOOOOOO fabulous to meet you this week! you are gorgeous, sweet, and funny! i wish we had more time just to hang out. we need a blogger non-blogging-just-to-hang conference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colours - very liveable. It looks like it's going to be a great family room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the neutrals, green and navy mix of colors! Looking forward to seeing it all put together.

    I was great to be roomies with you at Haven!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a big and fun project! I love all of the textures you've selected and can't wait to see the finished room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see the finished room. Looks like it will be gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andrea, this plan is gorgeous! I really love it and it can translate throughout the entire house while still keeping the patterns fun and cohesive. What a fun project - I'm so excited about this. And I can't wait to hear about Haven - please do a recap post. And I hope you got a few pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great meeting you this week! Looking forward to following your blog and see what becomes of your house. I am a total sucker for before and afters!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Andrea is a lucky lady - love every single choice and can't wait to see it all come together!

    Summer kicked off here with a bang - my girls last day was Thursday. Here's to softball, swim team, camp and s'mores!!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete

I love reading each and every one of your comments!