My latest design project was fun and challenging. My client e-mailed me and asked for help with bringing her dining room back to life. They have lived in their beautiful home for quite some time and the dining room has remained virtually untouched since they moved in. They want a casual dining space where they can entertain occasionally. The challenge came with trying to work with the mission style dining table and chairs they already own. Their home is very traditional on the outside and casual on the inside. A lovely combination, in my opinion. I wanted to make this room feel inviting and energetic, without having to stick to shaker style decor.
This is what I came up with....
This is what their dining room currently looks like.
They were tired of the old wallpaper and wanted some fresh colors in there.
The table, chairs and rug will be staying put.
The kitchen is just through the door to the left.
The dining room is open to their foyer and has lots of natural light.
Changes to be made:
- The side chairs are going to be painted black and the seats recovered in the fun green fabric.
The two captain's chairs are going to be slipcovered in a linen like fabric.
- Waisncoting will be added to the bottom of the walls and painted white. This will continue into the
foyer as well.
- The walls will be painted a lovely blue color (Benjamin Moore Smoke).
- The light has already been moved into the kitchen to make way for the fabulous burlap drum pendant.
- The windows will get new treatments with beautiful panels and bamboo blinds.
- A small narrow console table will be added to the wall just to right of the kitchen door to serve as a
buffet. Matching lamps and a large circular mirror will be added above the console.
- Art from etsy will adorn the huge blank wall (where the white mirror is currently located).
The client has already started implementing some of the changes. I can't wait to show you the after pictures. She has a goal of Thanksgiving to get it all done. I love the idea of giving yourself an end goal. I know it would help keep me on track.
If you are interested in having me create a fresh, new look for your home,
please email me here for the details.