My latest client contacted me and was interested in freshening up the first floor of her home.
She had a list of things she wanted to change, but was unsure about how to pull it all together.
Our starting point was the beautiful chocolate brown sofa she and her husband had just ordered.
The one thing she was sure about was incorporating the color blue into the plan.
After meeting with her and two out of three of her adorable boys,
it was clear that a fun, casual and comfortable space is just what the family needs.
Keeping all that in mind, here is what I came up with.
1. Fabric for dining room drapes
2. Fabric for family room window valances
3. Fabric for kitchen window valance and large lumbar pillow for couch
4. Fabric for kitchen and dining room chair cushions
5. Stencil design for foyer
6. The backs of the family room bookcases will be covered in grass cloth like fabric in this same blue
7. Wall color (BM Putnam Ivory) for family room kitchen
8. Wall color (BM Wedgewood Gray) for foyer, with the stencil design done in BM Putnam Ivory
9. Side table for family room
10. Bamboo blinds for entire first floor
11. Storage for toys and books
Here are a few before photos. The plan will be implemented in stages
and the family room will be first in line for a makeover.
Stay tuned for details about the stenciling project and some after pictures.
If you are interested in having me put together a plan to refreshen up your space,
feel free to contact me here for details.
I'll be focusing my attention on sealing up the "money pit" this week.
It's been raining non-stop and we have water coming down our chimney,
leaking through our slate roof and coming up from the floor in the basement.
Oh, the joys of owning an old home.
Anyone else about to float away?