Last week I dove right into reupholstering the seat cushions of my new (to me) chairs.
I used some striped fabric I had on hand.
It is the same fabric as the relaxed roman shade in our mudroom.
I am not good at DIY tutorials. I jump right into a project.
I ignore everything and everyone. I make a giant mess and I always forget to grab the camera.
It's like any other project I take on.
I strongly dislike the before and during process, but thoroughly enjoy the end result.
My process was no where near perfect.
I promise you do not want to see the bottom of these chair cushions
(and the one million, crooked, half inserted staples).
But they sure look good from the top.
My stripes are probably a little off too, but oh well, for a $3 chair and free fabric,
I am going to call this DIY a success!
We are looking forward to breaking these chairs in.
Just as soon as I attach the seat cushions to the bases.
One thing at a time.
Thank you for all of your kind comments on my dresser post yesterday.
You guys sure made me feel like I made the right decision.
In case you are curious, the dresser was re-listed yesterday for $595.