Home about ourhome projects services

4.23.2014

LOOK MOM, I'M FAMOUS

Okay, not quite, but here's the story.....

About three months ago, I met the sweetest local blogger.  
Her name is Sarah and her blog is Simply Sarah Style.

We met by chance when she responded to a post where I listed a headboard for sale on Facebook.
Turns out I know her mother-in-law and they were both familiar with my blog. 
She asked if I was interested in being featured in an article for another local blog she writes for. 

Truth be told, I am not the best self promoter. 
I know in today's day and age, 
self promotion is one of the main ways to get your name out there and grow your business.
For instance, when I have a new blog post, I promote it on my blog Facebook page and occasionally pin a few images from the post to Pinterest
I know others use Fabcebook, Instagram Twitter and Pinterest to promote a post.
Not that there is anything wrong with that. 
It's just that sometimes I feel like it is all I can do to make it through a day and get a semi-healthy meal on the table for my family. And by semi-healthy, I mean a peanut butter sandwich and some grapes.

So when Sarah asked it I was interested, it first felt like self promotion to me. 
Even though I work hard and am proud of my work, I don't like to come off as
"Look at me, look how I have all my sh#* together."
I promise you, I don't have even half my sh#% together.

But after thinking about it more, I realized I was being too hard on myself.
I shouldn't be afraid to take advantage of opportunities that come my way. 
I also like to support local businesses and I know other do too.
By putting my name out there to a local audience, not only could I grow my business, 
but I could give others a chance to support a local business. 

To sum it all up, I sincerely appreciate the opportunity Sarah gave me 
and my business has grown because of it. 
Not only did it help me grow professionally, 
but it helped me conquer some of my fears and grow personally.

Here is the article
It also appeared in a local monthly publication called Fort Thomas Living.

After you read the article, be sure to check out Sarah's blog here.
I have no shame in promoting others!


Simply Sarah Style

9 comments:

  1. The article was great Andrea!! I'm so glad to see you recognized because your design work is wonderful - I love how you make a space feel pulled together, but warm and family friendly, and I adore how you shop HomeGoods, TJMaxx, etc. to mix in some moderately priced items into your designs. Even if you don't love self promoting, I am sure your business will keep growing through word of mouth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! What a fabulous article! What is best about it all is that it has helped you grow your business and connected you with potential clients. I feel very much the same way about the self promotion, "Ain't nobody got time for that!" Sometimes I feel like a total looser not doing all of the social media stuff, but I just find it overwhelming and time consuming. Plus, what I love is the creative stuff, I sense you are the same!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea, you are so talented. Let other people share your skill!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you Andrea! Well deserved, and I'm happy to hear that it's helping you grow in more ways than one. :-) I know what you mean about self-promotion though - it's a fine line between promotion and pretense. But I know there's no pretense with you, so promote away! I too, struggle with all of the social media, and keep to Facebook and Pinterest. Although my outreach with Facebook anymore is abysmal, and really ticking me off. I might have to make a switch to Instagram and figure out how to get my sh#t together. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. way to go! you deserve it! high fives! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go Andrea, this is awesome! This is a perfect way to showcase your business and talk about what you love. What a great Q&A.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great Andrea! Loved the article; a great reflection of you and your down to earth style. I have no doubt you will have much continued success.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved the article! You're gonna make a thrifter out of me ;) I am beyond thrilled that even more people are hearing about how stinking fabulous you are!!! Woot, woot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so happy to hear the feature helped expand your business. You are truly a talent and the community can benefit from your admirable design skills!

    Thanks for your sweet words on Simply Sarah Style. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading each and every one of your comments!