It used to look like this.
I decided to flip the mirror over and paint the back with chalkboard paint. Then it looked like this.
Today I decided to paint the frame. Now, it looks like this.
Something about it just wasn't funky enough for me. I'm digging the new color. It's Sherwin Williams flower pot. I had some paint leftover from this bookcase transformation.
It was a bit of a pain in the you know what to paint. Spray paint would have been much easier, but since I had this paint on hand, I went for it.
Speaking of rain, I have a few thoughts on the subject.
I went for a nice long walk by myself tonight after dinner and this is what I was thinking about.
What I like about rain:
1) the smell after a rain (especially in the Spring)
2) the way it makes everything so unbelievably green
3) if the sun would ever come out, there's the possibility of a rainbow
4) forces me to get things done inside the house
5) on very rare occasions, provides the perfect excuse for taking a nap
What I don't like about rain:
1) water in our basement
2) kids being cooped up inside the house
3) dirty floors
4) muddy yard
5) brings my mood down
Okay, there you have it, my thoughts on rain. We have had our fair share of rain here and I am more than ready for the sunshine. Bring it on! Here's hoping your day is bright (even if it's not sunny).
I am linking to:
A2Z Home Stories