Home about ourhome projects services

8.25.2011

THE EVOLUTION OF A FAMILY ROOM

Since I've been making so many changes to our family room, I thought I had better do an updated post on this room.  This is a pretty large space and when we were designing the space, we weren't exactly sure how the furniture would be placed.  I knew it would need to be split into two separate areas, but that was all I was sure of. 

Here is the room now....
(This is the TV viewing, lounging, hanging out area.)



This is how the room started (before we purchased the house).


And another view...


Shortly after we moved in, the room looked like this...


And the other end of the room looked like this...


Then I painted the bookshelf and it looked like this...


After adding the vintage school chairs and painting the wicker chair, this space now looks like this....
(This is the homework, game playing, artwork area.)


This was a difficult room and I'm so glad it has finally come together.  Of course, I can't promise that it won't change again, but for now, I am happy with it.  I am loving the mix of natural wood and painted wood and the mix of traditional pieces with vintage pieces.  I also love the fact that it is a comfortable space in which our entire family can spend time together.

Two out of three of my kids started school on Wednesday, and so far, so good.  However, it's been a long and busy week so I'm looking forward to taking it easy this weekend.  Thanks for all the kind comments this week on all of the changes I've been making.  Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

6 comments:

  1. I love your space Andrea. Such pretty colors and a very comfy looking place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This room is so welcoming, functional, and fun! You've done a great job transforming it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done so much work! It looks really great... perfectly updated but still in keeping with the house. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrea you transformed this space beautifully! Martina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrea, you have done a beautiful job with all of your changes and updating your space. It's lovely! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a huge transformation! I love the vintage chairs you added. This really doesn't even look like the same room!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading each and every one of your comments!