Home about ourhome projects services

10.17.2011

STRIPES, STRIPES AND MORE STRIPES

They are everywhere.  Lately I've been drawn to stripes. I love them on walls, floors, chairs, bedding, just about anything.














I was racking my brain over the weekend trying to come up with a place to add stripes in my house.
I love the idea of painting stripes on the wall, but I'm not sure I want to tackle any painting projects right now.

To satisfy my longing for stripes, I think I'll add some here, in our powder room.


I pinned up the fabric I bought from this shopping excursion to see how it looked.  


I am loving it.  It will probably stay pinned in place for a few weeks just to make sure I don't change my mind.  



I am thinking a simple roman shade, similar to this one.



What do you think?  Are you a fan of stripes?

Image sources can be found here.

11 comments:

  1. I like stripes to Andrea. We added a striped accent wall in my son's room awhile ago and I still love the look it gave the room. Martina

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, yes, and YES! i love them! i am looking for the perfect spot to add them to this house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh stripes... you are speaking my love language :D I think the roman shade would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love stripes! I do that too....put something in place and live with it for a while. Sometimes it grows on me, other times it starts to look odd. I think your new roman blinds will look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy stripes, something geometric in a room to mix it up a little. I have horizontal stripes in the playroom/basement on a couple of walls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE STRIPES..... on furniture, pillows, clothes, umbrellas, stationery, you name it! Need some in my home too! Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love stripes! I wish I could find a place in our house to paint stripes on a wall. The little boy's room in the first photo is darling. Love the striped shade in your powder room, Andrea! That is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love stripes...think I am going to redo my dining chairs in them. So pretty in your powder room. I do the same thing...live with the fabric for a bit before I jump in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can't go wrong with a stripe. It's timeless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all the stipe pictures! They ad a bold and unexpected surprise in each room. I like what you did in your powder room- like Kristen said; stripes are timeless!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a big fan of stripes - they are such a classic. And I love your roman shade in the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading each and every one of your comments!