Home about ourhome projects services

7.04.2011

Almost There

I hope everyone had a fantastic 4th of July.  We had a great long weekend and enjoyed some fun in the sun (and a little rain) with friends and family. Now back to reality.  I am making it my goal this week to finish a project I started way too long ago, my daughter's bedroom.  I am so close, I can see the finish line.  The big hold up for this project was the chair.  I'm happy to report that it is complete.  

It turned out great.  


Since I failed at my attempt to reupholster the chair, I was short a little fabric.  
I had the upholsterer use this floral fabric on the back.  
Even though no one will see it, I think it's kind of cool.  


This was my inspiration. 


This is what the chair looked like when I bought it (for $65).


This is what it looked like when I took it apart and then threw in the towel 


And once again, the finished product!


Too bad the fabulous Jenny from Little Green Notebook didn't post this, thisthis and this before I turned the chair over to the upholsterer.  Her chair is almost exactly like mine and her step by step instructions were excellent.  I think I may have been able to save myself a little money.

I have a few minor details to finish up and then I'll post pictures of the entire room.  You all have been very patient readers and I appreciate you hanging in there with me.  Obviously if time and money were no issue, I would have had this project wrapped up months ago.  However, I have really enjoyed taking my time and the thrill of the hunt is part of the fun for me.  Stay tuned!

Linking to:
Miss Mustard Seed

8 comments:

  1. Andrea that chair is gorgeous!! I LOVE the floral fabric in the back! Martina

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful job. your daughter must love it.love the floral pattern in the back as well..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice chair! I love the red!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that chair and the back is great looking. I would rather pay to have it done than try to do that myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That chair turned out wonderfully and I absolutely adore the floral pattern on the back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks awesome! The floral pattern on the back was a great detail, even if it wasn't intended to be that way! I have been waiting to see how the chair turned out & I can't wait to see the final reveal of your daughter's room.
    Wendy (www.designedtodwell.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice pop of color! Great restyle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your chair is stunning! Just pinned it.

    -Rene

    ReplyDelete

I love reading each and every one of your comments!